Belize is a well-known and advantageous tax jurisdiction on the eastern coast of Central America and in the boarders of Mexico and Guatemala.
The registration and supervision of Belize offshore companies is handled by the Registrar of International Business Companies. The legal system of Belize is English Common Law.
Setting up an offshore company in Belize does not allow to own real estate or to trade in Belize, may not undertake the business of banking, insurance, assurance or reinsurance. The Belize company is not allowed to provide company management or registered office facilities for companies registered in Belize.
The main benefits of a setting up a company in Belize are listed below:
- Belize International Business Company (IBC) is exempted from all kinds of taxation as long as it is tax resident in the jurisdiction outside Belize.
- Low incorporation cost compared to other jurisdictions.
- Suitable vehicle for multiple purposes: entrepreneurs, traders, e-commerce, SAAS, consultants, etc.
- No requirement on filing annual accounts or tax return. However, the company is obliged to maintain proper books of accounts.
- No public records of company directors, shareholders or beneficial owners.
- Absence of exchange control for Belize IBC conducting business out of the country.
- Certain Belize IBCs are now subject to Belize Economic Substance rules, introduced on 11 October 2019.
- Redomiciliation is possible. The legislation in Belize allows both a company registered in Belize to continue in another jurisdiction and also a company registered elsewhere to relocate to Belize, provided this is allowed by its own governing legislation.
The Main Requirements for Belize Company Formation are:
- Required local registered address
- Required local registered agent
- No minimum paid up capital
- Bearer shares not permitted
- At lease one Director resident in any country.
- At lease one Member/ shareholder resident in any country. Director and Member is permitted to be the same person.
Belize offshore Company Formation time-frame:
A Belize offshore company is normally incorporated within 4-5 days.
Financial Consultants International (F.C.I. LTD) always acts with solvency and maximum personal care, which can provide you with a full range of professional advisory – legal – accounting and tax services that aim to support every business to make the most of tax and investment opportunities in Cyprus and internationally through long term licensed local professional Associates.
F.C.I. LIMITED «One Stop Shop»
For the incorporation of a company abroad, company formation in BELIZE, redomiciliation, corporate services to foreign company, opening of a bank account, banking services, setting up a business in Belize, offshore company, accounting and auditing, setting up of a Cyprus company, trust management, Cyprus shipping company, company formation in Cyprus, investors, taxation of foreign companies.
For more information and/or primary complimentary telephone advice please contact:
Tel: +357 22 673 800